Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Hello and Welcome!

Hello, My name is Jami and I am a 30 something living in the small town I grew up in Missouri. I am an Elementary Special Education Teacher in our hometown. I have been married to my husband, Ty, for 14 years. Together we have 3 children. Sam, is 12, and will be in 6th grade. Sally, is 10 and will be in the 4th grade. Susie is 4 and is in preschool. With being a teacher, and mom I am always busy and, on the run, but in my free time I like to do crafts, walk, and spend time with my family. I have created this blog as a space for me to share some updates about our lives and as a place to document my thoughts and feelings as we deal with some of life's challenges. Currently, we are facing a pretty big challenge with Susie, as she is non-verbal and in need of intense interventions. We have yet to get an official diagnosis, but at this point we know that Susie is precious, and wonderful and capable of so much. I want to invite you to follow along with us on this journey as we help Susie learn and communicate to the best of her abilities. 

I am by no means an expert or know everything I need to know in order to help Susie succeed. However, as a special education teacher, I feel led to encourage others that may be in a similar situation and to provide as much information as possible as we learn. This is new territory for me, and I encourage you to join me as we navigate this bump in the road along our journey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Summertime

 Summer is here and it's Susie's favorite time of year, POOL TIME. Susie adores the pool, specifically the Hamilton Pool.  For the m...